Metro Fire sales and services all types and sizes of fire extinguishers.
We offer a wide range of fire extinguisher cabinets and we are an authorized Amerex distributor. Our experienced technicians will ensure that your business has the proper extinguisher for the right type of hazard. Below is a list of items that are checked during the annual inspection:
ANNUAL HAND PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER INSPECTIONS
Per Standard NFPA 10 Guidelines
Annual service & inspection of portable fire extinguishers shall include the following procedures according to NFPA 10 standards and codes:
- Visual inspection of pressure gauge for proper pressure.
- Visual and physical inspection of cylinder for dents, corrosion, missing parts and manufacturer’s date.
- Determine from manufacturer’s date if 6 years maintenance or 5 ½ years hydrostatic test is required per NFPA 10.
- Remove and inspect hose or nozzle for wear and tear and verify it is clear of obstructions.
- Check weight of extinguisher for proper weight according to manufacturer’s specifications on name plate.
- Remove existing safety seal, check pull pin operation, and install new safety seal.
- Invert cylinder and fluff chemical by patting cylinder.
- Verify proper type and size of extinguisher for location mounted and type of hazard.
- Inspect bracket, installation and proper signage.
- Install new certification tag with month, year, type of service performed, type of extinguisher and who performed service.
- To include pull pins, tamper seals, service collars, o-rings, and any miscellaneous service stickers.