Fire Suppression Systems
Metro Fire offers testing, service, and installation of restaurant hood fire suppression systems.
We also test, service and install industrial paint booth fire suppression systems. Our staff will ensure that your system is serviced semi-annually and that any system deficiencies are noted and communicated. We offer 24 hour emergency service and we are an authorized Kidde and Amerex distributor. Below is a list of items that are tested and checked during our semi-annual inspection.
SEMI-ANNUAL KITCHEN FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM INSPECTIONS
Per Standard NFPA 17A Guidelines
Semi-annual service & maintenance of kitchen fire suppression system to include (if applicable):
- Inspect cylinder(s) for proper pressure, extinguisher agent, and 6-year and/or hydrostatic test dates.
- Test firing of system(s) using manual activation (pull station).
- Test firing of system(s) using automatic activation (link line).
- Inspection, cleaning, and/or replacement of fusible links(s).
- Gas and/or electric appliance shut-down.
- Micro switch(s) alarm and shunt trip activation.
- Weigh and/or replacement of system(s) cartridge(s).
- Visual inspection of discharge piping & nozzles, conduit & pulleys.
- Hazard and U.L. 300 compliance inspection.
- Service interval tag installed on system & pull station
- A detailed system report provided to City to meet code requirements.